31 March 2008

Rotini and cheese

I don't know why, but I was struck with the idea of making macaroni and cheese for supper. I've made it from scratch once or twice, but it's not a staple in my kitchen. Unfortunately, when I think of it, my mind conjures up fluorescent a orange cheese-like substance whose origins are powdery. I know Canadians love the blue and yellow box, but I'm not a big fan.

Came home from work and rummaged through the fridge--I have lots of bleu cheese, but not a lot good melty cheese. Made the white sauce and tipped in a mixture of mozz and Guinness cheddar, along with a good spoon of grainy Dijon. Coated the rotini in it and baked it off for a little bit.

Remembered the leftover fried mushrooms from yesterday's roast beef supper and mixed them in, after baking the pasta. Nummy...

jasmine