04 October 2006

This is what happens when you sleep in...

It seems like ages ago that pasta was a really regular occurrence in my diet. Noodles, lasagnas, stuffed pastas were happily devoured. I don't know when I slowed down on my strand slurping. No, my love affair with pasta didn't meet its downfall when the low-carb craze kicked in--as if I'd follow something as silly as that--I think I just got bored and tired of it. Now, it seems as if noodles and their friends only show up when I can't think of something else to have, or need something that's super easy and there's nothing in the freezer to reheat.

Today is a pasta day. I still have loads of the ratatouille left over. I originally wanted to put it on pizza, but with the dark, dark mornings, I'm having trouble getting out of bed at a decent hour, therefore couldn't get a good start to the dough before I left for work. Oh well...the veg will be used for the pasta...I'll add some mushrooms and cheese to it...quick, hearty and filling...just before I run out the door...

jasmine